Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 BOM Block Seven

Welcome to 2013!

Block 7 arrived over Christmas, and despite it being 40c today, I plugged myself in at the sewing machine. My pressing leaves a little to be desired, it's top hot!

Block 7 is "moonlight serenade" by Sandy Gervais.




I've also been taken in by the 'scrappy tripalaong' which has been booming over on Instagram. It's such a simple idea with stunning results. So I've dug out all the random fat quarters I've collected over the last few years, and am hoping to dig in as soon as the temperature drops.






2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Yes, it was miserably hot here too. Nice block - I must check back and see the others. It certainly seems to be the year of the scraps / stash busting. Can't wait to see how your quilt looks. Fabrics are great!

Robyn of Oz said...

Love the block! Clearly the desire to sew overcame the desire to sit around and grump about just how hot it has been almost everywhere. Today has been the first day in a few that I have been anywhere near my sewing machine. A few days ago it was pulling the study apart to house the 'office' and then yesterday was just too much for doing anything.
We don't have air-conditioning here and the fans were just no match for the heat.